8. The Charlie Charlie Challenge The Charlie Charlie Challenge became viral and broke the internet in 2015. The game involves crossing two pens or pencils to create a grid with sectors labelled “yes” and “no” and then asking questions to a “supernatural entity” named “Charlie.” The upper pencil is then expected to rotate […]
7. Drake’s “Hotline Bling” Video “Hotline Bling” is a song recorded by Canadian rapper Drake, the song is credited as a bonus track on one of his album. It was released in 2015 and it subsequently gained popularity on YouTube and spawned several parodies. The video featured just how suave he can be with his dance moves. He […]
6. Zayn Malik Quits One Direction One Direction is the most popular boy band of the millennial generation, and after five long years one of its members Zayn Malik announced that he will be quitting the band. His announcement has become viral and it broke the internet as many of his fans were […]
5. Caitlyn Jenner Comes Out As Transgender Bruce Jenner is a retired gold-medal winning decathlete who broke the internet when she transformed herself as Caitlyn. After it went viral she was featured in various beauty magazines such as Vanity Fair. She was also awarded the woman of the year award by Glamour magazine which spurred […]
4. The Selfie Heard ‘Round The World The 2014 Oscars hosted by Ellen DeGeneres went viral when she took a group selfie with some of the famous actors with the likes of Brad Pitt, Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper, Angelina Jolie, Meryl Streep, and Julia Roberts, just to name a few. The blurry group self-portrait […]
3. Gangnam Style Video “Gangnam Style” is a song by a South Korean musician Psy and became the first YouTube video to reach one billion views. The phrase “Gangnam Style” is a Korean neologism that refers to a lifestyle associated with the Gangnam District of Seoul. The song and its music video broke the internet and went viral in 2012 and became a […]
2. The ALS “Ice Bucket Challenge” The Ice Bucket Challenge also known as ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, is an activity involving pouring a bucket of ice and water over a person’s head, either by another person or self-administered, to promote awareness of the disease amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and encourage donations. It went viral and broke the internet on social […]
Once a comedian told a joke that didn’t offend anybody…but it wasn’t funny. Then a comedian told a joke that was offensive to somebody….but it was funny to everybody else. It broke the internet.
We were all going along just fine and then a few people realised that we are making an impact on the environment. And we were all worried. Then we weren’t worried anymore. But we should be….really we should. Unfortunately breaking the world has only just broken the internet.
There was once a baby born that it was so beautiful….it broke the intenet